msarki

M Sarki

Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
Ashleigh Wilson
Girlfriends, Ghosts, and Other Stories
Annette Wiesner, Nicole Kongeter, Robert Walser, Tom Whalen

Bleaker House: Chasing My Novel to the End of the World

Bleaker House: Chasing My Novel to the End of the World - Nell Stevens https://msarki.tumblr.com/post/157729821208/bleaker-house-chasing-my-novel-to-the-end-of-the

What a great title and promising concept. So much to get excited about in advance of even reading the first page. But then delving in, and feeling immersed, proves disappointing and not to be in the cards. Truth is, just because the author is a professor of writing does not guarantee a good read. Or the fact the lettered writer won a prize. These teachers of fiction have contributed mightily to littering our world with useless books and done their part to heap our landfills. But all is not lost however for any writing student interested in examples of what not to do. Exhibits abound in this text, and for the most part, continue on for the book’s duration as proof. Evidence that is disjointed, disoriented, annoying, jumbled, ill prepared, and somewhat a frustrating bore. It is more promising if a writer is at least interesting, or has a personality a reader could not possibly ignore. But when each willful attempt at sitting down for another page of reading becomes the most disagreeable moment of the day this collusion with hope that the work will get better turns ill-advised. And time to put it down for good.