msarki

M Sarki

Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
Ashleigh Wilson
Girlfriends, Ghosts, and Other Stories
Annette Wiesner, Nicole Kongeter, Robert Walser, Tom Whalen

The Mad Habit

The Mad Habit - M. Sarki https://msarki.tumblr.com/post/162119548768/the-mad-habit-2017-by-m-sarki

The accounting that follows places itself within a specific time frame spanning the years 1995 through 2017. And I believe in my heart that one of these main characters, my teacher, editor, and friend [a:Gordon Lish|232097|Gordon Lish|https://images.gr-assets.com/authors/1267719924p2/232097.jpg] will be remembered for what he gave the literary world through his tyrannical teaching, editing, and authoring of his own work. I am impelled to give an accounting of our relationship in order to counteract anything that might be reported by another critic not so flattering nor tolerant of our relationship. In his teaching, Gordon insisted that a writer maintain a required gaze upon the object. When writing short poems I learned it was paramount to do so, and by default, I found it much easier to compose verse in this manner. But when faced with crafting a longer work, and one that encourages digression in many forms, the task itself becomes at times overwhelming and insurmountable. Life does not behave in a non-digressive manner so why does writing have to? Untold events alter everything.