msarki

M Sarki

Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
Ashleigh Wilson
Girlfriends, Ghosts, and Other Stories
Annette Wiesner, Nicole Kongeter, Robert Walser, Tom Whalen

The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and The Power of Seeing

The Inkblots: Hermann Rorschach, His Iconic Test, and The Power of Seeing - Damion Searls https://msarki.tumblr.com/post/158808822078/the-inkblots-hermann-rorschach-his-iconic-test

…cultures, and individuals within a culture, see things their own way…We see through our personal and cultural “lens”, according to the habits of a lifetime shaped by particular culture… One culture’s trackless wilderness is full of detailed and meaningful information specific plants and animals, for members of another culture… An enormous advantage of the Rorschach test is that it largely gets around these lenses—as Manfred Bleuler put it, it lets us strip off “the veils of convention.”

Frightening that a psychological evaluation based on the Rorschach Test can decide a legal case or job interview. A psychology fascinating to study and extremely interesting. Perhaps an intricate art form used as science. Nonetheless, a powerful tool no matter the consequences. Damion Searls has written not only a riveting study on the man Rorschach and his test, but what was to come from his labor and where it might be leading us now. A work crafted by a master wordsmith obviously willing to delve deeply into his subject. I could not recommend a book more highly than I do this one.

…Looking at a Rorschach blot is not as powerful an experience as taking a blot of acid, obviously, but they operate in analogous ways.