msarki

American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
RJ Smith
Autumn
Karl Ove Knausgård, Ingvild Burkey, Vanessa Baird
Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
J.R. Smith

Truck: A Love Story

Truck: A Love Story - Michael  Perry https://msarki.tumblr.com/post/161347680418/truck-a-love-story-by-michael-perry

Michael Perry writes a good story. He comes across as honest on the page, and though he lives in a more outdoorsy environment than most of us, he remains a gentle, thoughtful, and humorously self-deprecating individual. He obviously reads much and enjoys learning about the big wide world he lives in. His small-town characterization of midwestern rural life is obviously more involved and believable than the stage and radio personality of a celebrity the likes of, for example, Garrison Keillor. Perry actually does own a pickup truck and relies on it just as much as any long-term relationship. The love affair for renovation and rebuilding of his never-forgotten International pickup is rewarding on many levels and offers more than a mere glimpse into the heart of a man. Of course, this charming book leads Perry into finally settling down with a woman of like mind and their beginnings at building a new life together.

While engaging his readers in charming and humorous anecdotes, teaching us along the way by demonstration by his own personal mistakes, Perry is not at all shy in voicing his opinion. He courageously takes a stand over any injustice or ridiculous social stigma he is confronted with. I like that about him. But promoting a highly charged or political social agenda is certainly not his modus operandi. It simply happens occasionally in the course of a day. Perry is not at all a critical or judgmental person. He seems to be extremely tolerant while realizing his own inadequacies and hopes others respect him as well. He seems at times to enjoy promoting himself as a country bumpkin, but he is far from that. Michael Perry is one authentic writer and this is another chapter in his life story.