msarki

Writing Dangerously: Mary McCarthy and Her World
Stephen Black, Carol Brightman
Seduction and Betrayal: Women and Literature
Elizabeth Hardwick, Joan Didion
My Friend Annabel Lee (1903)
Mary MacLane
Human Days: A Mary MacLane Reader
Bojana Novakovic, Michael R. Brown, Mary MacLane
Stranger Shores: Essays 1986-1999
J.M. Coetzee

My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist

My Cousin, My Gastroenterologist - Mark Leyner http://msarki.tumblr.com/post/149974958253/my-cousin-my-gastroenterologist-by-mark-leyner

Perhaps I should confess how impressed I am with Mark Leyner’s ability to keep his rambling psychotic rants on task and focused enough to the degree he maintained, with skill, the mind trip he wanted us privy to. Problem for me was not one story meant anything. There was no physical emotion anywhere amounting to something exampled. He failed to establish or express any substance. His tightrope act at times did appear astounding, but I kept asking myself why even bother? I know he is revered by many, and I respect that, but he is not adored by me. I will nonetheless still take a look at [b:Et Tu, Babe|526571|Et Tu, Babe|Mark Leyner|https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/book/50x75-a91bf249278a81aabab721ef782c4a74.png|1247799], but only because I own it.