msarki

Writing Dangerously: Mary McCarthy and Her World
Stephen Black, Carol Brightman
Seduction and Betrayal: Women and Literature
Elizabeth Hardwick, Joan Didion
My Friend Annabel Lee (1903)
Mary MacLane
Human Days: A Mary MacLane Reader
Bojana Novakovic, Michael R. Brown, Mary MacLane
Stranger Shores: Essays 1986-1999
J.M. Coetzee

Battleborn

Battleborn - Claire Vaye Watkins I was so wrong in my initial response to the first story in this book. I mistakenly believed I had found another [a:Claire-Louise Bennett|6431820|Claire-Louise Bennett|https://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1443673781p2/6431820.jpg], but this Claire is in no way, even in one story, close. My Claire is a genius, this Claire is not. But what scares me about this particular writer is that she is also a teacher, and what we have absolutely no need of are more collections the inferior quality of this one. The writing is actually bad and so pathetically boring that I had to abandon it. You want a very good book of short stories to read? Get instead yourself a [b:Pond|25333047|Pond|Claire-Louise Bennett|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1428656359s/25333047.jpg|45069198].