msarki

M Sarki

Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
Ashleigh Wilson
Girlfriends, Ghosts, and Other Stories
Annette Wiesner, Nicole Kongeter, Robert Walser, Tom Whalen

Candy Story

Candy Story - Marie Redonnet, Alexandra Quinn Great title, but I refuse to make of something that isn't. Reading this was not exactly a complete waste of my time, but nearly. Present was the gratuitous Redonnet sex scenes, again nonchalantly played out by passive women used by violent men. A bit of compassion glints through a few of the lines, but love is rarely made viable. Far too many names basically listed (and deceased) to keep more than one or two straight. Redonnet might just as well have entered her material in two columns side by side, listing the verbs she engaged within these confounding actions beside each character's name. This little novel is nothing to write home about, unless somebody smarter than I am knows something I do not. Quite a disappointment after enjoying her earlier trilogy.