msarki

Writing Dangerously: Mary McCarthy and Her World
Stephen Black, Carol Brightman
Seduction and Betrayal: Women and Literature
Elizabeth Hardwick, Joan Didion
My Friend Annabel Lee (1903)
Mary MacLane
Human Days: A Mary MacLane Reader
Bojana Novakovic, Michael R. Brown, Mary MacLane
Stranger Shores: Essays 1986-1999
J.M. Coetzee

Agnes

Agnes - Peter Stamm, John Cullen https://msarki.tumblr.com/post/152063909928/agnes-by-peter-stamm

Written in a language almost too accessible this slim novella fails to challenge the reader to engage in anything. A book almost anyone could have written, the narration rambles on in a linear manner such as a report one is forced to read. Pleasure in reading is hard to come by in this work as the rewards so few that none come to mind. Near the end the narrator writes of having to throw away an ending to the story he is composing about Agnes because there was no feeling in it. Problem was there was no feeling, ever, anywhere. This was my first exposure to the lauded Peter Stamm, and, disappointingly, I expect it will be my last.