msarki

American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
RJ Smith
Autumn
Karl Ove Knausgård, Ingvild Burkey, Vanessa Baird
Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
J.R. Smith

Dreamtigers

Dreamtigers - Jorge Luis Borges, Mildred Boyer, Miguel Enguídanos, Antonio Frasconi, Harold Morland http://msarki.tumblr.com/post/122413793768/dreamtigers-by-jorge-luis-borges

Few things have happened to me, and I have read a great many.___Jorge Luis Borges

It was uncanny upon my first reading of only a few pages that the mood and tone of this Borges work seemed surprisingly familiar to me. It was as if I was the one writing what I was reading, even though I understood so little of the text. But it felt so comfortable. I was blissfully content being involved so intimately with this music, and the words of Borges (or his translator) I found to be simply perfect everywhere on the page. There was not one word I ever wanted to change. My eyes were extremely pleased with the form, the shape, and the color of every phrase. Often as I read any book I look too hard for mistakes within each sentence or paragraph, but in this slim volume I never could find one. The entire book was such a joy for me to read. It was so beautiful, and it always felt important. I had also expected, due to unjust mediators, to find the poetry of Borges lacking, but instead I discovered in his brilliance another soul in which to develop a connection, a camaraderie, a fraternity of something far greater than myself. And, like me, alcoholics and drug addicts rarely feel they are a part of anything. And I imagine, for most everybody, this type of warm and delightful experience worthy of five stars. And for those of us who say dear Borges is no poet, they seriously have no clue for what poetry can do.