msarki

American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
RJ Smith
Autumn
Karl Ove Knausgård, Ingvild Burkey, Vanessa Baird
Inside Out: A Personal History of Pink Floyd (Reading Edition)
Nick Mason
American Witness: The Art and Life of Robert Frank
J.R. Smith

Stories V!

Stories V! - Scott McClanahan The short stories of Scott McClanahan are sometimes wonders to behold. He has within himself a childlike wonder of the world, even though he has lived, it seems, in a much different reality than most of us are faced with. His is a harsh environment with extreme characters roaming around in it. But McClanahan has made the most of it in his relating these stories meant to shed new and different light on what is often considered a frightening existence. While reading each of these stories I felt a wonderfully friendly and glowing smile emanating from the face of Scott McClanahan, and not some evil grin promising mischievous behavior lurking behind his words. Though a book not for everyone, I believe his work is an important exercise purposively structured for the artist to continue to evolve as a writer and person and to make an even greater contribution in the not-so-distant future. I am hesitant to give this book four stars as I think he has much better work ahead for us, but nonetheless "I really liked it" which in goodreads terms is what a four-star read constitutes.